Welcome to Hurt Road Baptist Church, a loving fellowship of believers committed to the Gospel of Christ and to Spirit-led worship. We pray you find our church to be place where you can grow in your faith and gain the friendship and support of other believers.
Know that the clear preaching and teaching of God’s Word is a major priority at HRBC, and loving and ministering to people is a major focus. We deeply care about those who live in our community, and we want to get to know you in a personal way. We hope this website will help you learn more about our church and its various ministries, and it will inspire you to find your place of fellowship and service in the days head.
Dr. Richard Walker
At Hurt Road Baptist Church, we believe…
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God. (Psalm 119; Matt. 4:4; Luke 24:27; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 3:13-17; John 1:1-4, 14; 2 Cor. 13:14; 1 John 5:7)
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death on the Cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal, physical return to the Earth in power and glory to reign for a thousand years (John 1:1-4; Eph. 2:13-18; Rev. 19-20).
- In the Blessed Hope—the Rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming (1 Thess. 4:13-18).
- That salvation is by grace through faith, not of works , that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ, and in the new birth experience through regeneration by Holy Spirit (Ephes. 2:8-9, Rom. 5:1-2; Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:19-20; John 3:3).
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by which the believer is enabled to live a holy life (Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11).
- In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation (Rev. 20:5-6, 11-15).