Hurt Road Baptist Church: 2017-2018 Vision
- Culturally speaking, the Church is moving from a mass-driven model to an individual-focused model
- The positive is that this is a disciple-making model and results in multiplication of the church rather than addition.
- One negative is that this method is a more deliberate method that initially looks as if it is not working, because the initial growth is small, but exponentially it far outnumbers the addition method
- We need to focus our efforts on church growth methods that are not money dependent.
- DNA falls within the parameters of this type of church growth. Because of this, more emphasis will be placed on this vital ministry in the life of our church.
- Upwards is another opportunity that requires very little money, but seems to provide positive returns in reaching the community. (Connecting seems to be a need in this ministry though).
- Most measure success in numerical growth only, but if the focus is on spiritual growth and not numerical growth then any numerical growth is a bonus and is often the result. (DNA’s focus is first spiritual, then numerical).
- The cheapest and most effective means to grow a church is evangelism. Low cost and high productivity.
Short Term Vision
- Focus on positive growth opportunities and where we seem to be excelling.
- Upward (need Leader for 2017-2018)
- Awana (need Leader for 2017-2018)
- Drop activities that seem to be struggling.
- Add some activities to be intentional in reaching community.
- Encourage all members to connect somewhere to create more long term participation (especially DNA).
- Focus on initial investments for long term returns: Community Outreach (investment of time and primary focus), Building and Grounds Upkeep, Maintenance, and Improvement (investment of money).
- Outreach emphasis every other month (Saturday morning prayer walks, and Sunday evening door-to-door).
- Begin a campaign to repave our lot and give our church an exterior/interior face-lift.
Long Term Vision
- Continued emphasis on multiplication, not addition.
- Encourage each member to reach one individual in the next calendar year.
- Focus on one evangelism method and encourage memorization of Scripture in support of this method.